Monday, March 8, 2010

onapersonalnote

my favorite musician, mark linkous (sparklehorse), committed suicide saturday. he shot himself in the heart with a gun, in an alleyway near his friend's house.

his music & his words have been with me since 1996.

this loss is graver than that of elliott smith, who i also discovered at age 13 (1996).

and i am terrified that we will see sparklehorse t-shirts on every white-belt skinny-jeans hipster in america. i think that would have been mark's greatest nightmare.

listen & let me know.

1 comment:

  1. it's a shame I never heard of this guy until now. His music is some of the best I've heard in a while. Seriously though, artists who kill themselves can go fuck off. If you want to die you might as well go out in a better way than shooting yourself. I probably won't listen to him very much just because I don't want to think about people killing themselves when I listen to music. It's a bummer and a dirty shame this guy packed it in.

    ReplyDelete